Friday 15 February 2013

nothing-to-do



           There will be a phase in everyone's life when one has no responsibilities,no expectations on him, no goals, nothing. All we need to do in that phase is just eat-digest-sleep-eat-digest-sleep.......... I am exactly in that phase of my life.


                   If I explain my routine to any person, they would envy me for having such a blissful life.Even I did feel the same for few days but not anymore. I have heard many people saying that final semester of college life would be nothing but full of enjoyment. It is true to an extent. If you are an average student(like me), you would be happy with the company you got placed, unlike some geeks who applies for IIMs and US universities. And you would be more than happy to just clear all your papers( who gives a damn about the grades). The only petty problem would be your project work which can be solved by rs.4000.


                      Life seems beautiful. So what it is that concerns me??????


            After living this nothing-to-do phase of my life for a couple of weeks, I am starting to realize that ENJOYMENT WHEN FELT IN EXCESS, TURNS TO BOREDOM. How much ever movies I watch, what ever books I read, where ever I roam with friends-at the end of the day, there is no excitement. Only a kind of emptiness fills me.


           You would be happy if you know that you do not have any work tomorrow. But, if this becomes the routine, YOU WOULD BE FRUSTRATED. In this phase,there is nothing to think and ponder about.I dont even have anything to worry about to keep my mind engaged.There is no excitement, no liveliness. If you think I am exaggerating, all I could say is, you are wrong.

         So to change the nothing-to-do-phase into a lively-phase, all we need to do is, do things that excites us. Things that make us smile internally. Things that make us proud of ourselves.But the problem is we have never discovered such things in our life. Do we have any specific hobbies? what are our interests ? We dont have any clear answers to these questions. Then how could we discover the things that excites us????

          My answer is NEW EXPERIENCES.  THE CORE OF HUMAN SPIRIT IS FELT ONLY BY NEW EXPERIENCES. When we leave our "comfort zone" and go into an "unknown zone"- we might be happy, we might be scared, we might get hurt but we would feel alive.


          There is always a sense of apprehension in doing new things. This apprehension gives us the excitement. But to feel this excitement or to leave the "comfort zone", we need to shred off the laziness that has overtaken us. Ok, what kind of new experiences am I talking about???


        It could be anything simple like learning a new sport, jogging or exercising, trying to cook our own food, meditating, even proposing to the girl who is close to your heart etc.Most of us might be doing such things already, just to pass time. But try to see it as a new experience and excel in whatever you do.


       So what I am trying to say is -an idle man's brain is devil's workshop. Rather than being an idle man, try to be an ideal man. LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL TO WASTE EVEN A SINGLE DAY BY NOT FEELING ALIVE.


P.S: SOMEHOW I MANAGED TO PASS 2 HOURS OF POWER-CUT BY GIVING YOU SUCH LAME ADVICES. SORRY FOR BORING YOU IN YOUR ALREADY-BORED-PHASE OF YOUR LIFE.


                                                                                                                                            BY  PREM 

1 comment:

  1. the one with a similar mindset of yours will obviously love this. but never consider the ones applying for their masters to be geeks , this seriously hurts me. you got a job against your name, well i just don't have one !!

    ReplyDelete